Palestine recognized by the UN as a non-member observer state

In summary, the UN General Assembly voted to recognize Palestine as a non-member observer state. This vote was met with opposition from Israel, who claims that the resolution will harm peace in the region.
nanosiborg said:
Neither of these seem to be an option for Israel as long as the anti-Israel anti-Jew views of militant Arab Muslim fundamentalists are, even just tacitly, accepted (which they seem to be) by a significant portion of Arab Muslims, especially Palestinian Arab Muslims.

It's a sad situation for the Palestinian refugees. They're between a rock and a hard place with few viable options. But then so are Israelis who want a secure Jewish state.

I would be surprised if Israel ever stops the ongoing Jewish settlement of Palestine. The construction of 3000 new Israeli homes in the West Bank has recently been approved by the Israeli government. It looks to me like the current situation, and unfortunate ghettoization and squeezing out of Arab Muslim Palestinians can be continued by Israel indefinitely.

You insist that Palestinian are Arab Muslims militants, but this is not the topic here. May be you should check your information again? Anyway, we have to stick to the main topic.

I do believe that you present a valid and important point about the long term strategy of the current Israeli government and the real reason behind their opposition to Palestinian state.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
As always, these threads go downhill.