Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Parking Aid Circuit Not Working

1. Apr 5, 2014 #1
    Hi there I've been working on circuit & I've done a continuity test and ran voltage through my circuit and nothing has happened. None of the diodes light up when I move the photo diode and the infrared diode. Can anyone tell me what I should do ? I've attached the files so you can see. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2014 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Check the individual parts.

* Does the IR LED light up? A camera should be able to see most IR LEDs.
    * Do all connections work properly? Do you have the right pieces everywhere? Do you apply the correct voltage to the setup?
    * Do you see any response at the first op amp output if you change the light level of the photodiode? How far does this response propagate?

4. Apr 5, 2014 #3
    The only thing I can make out on the last picture is that the top is the negative rail and the bottom is the positive rail. Or on the second picture, the top rail is positive and the bottom is negative.

Perhaps your battery snap is connected incorrectly.
    A 9v battery has the circular terminal as the positive and the broken hex as the negative.
    From picture 2, the snap seems to have that reversed when it is connected to the battery.

5. Apr 6, 2014 #4
    The IR LED isn't supposed to light up, I've done a continuity test to check connections, I've clear any solder that has split over to other tracks. Then I powered the circuit at 9 volts and there isn't a voltage drop in the circuit. So I'm not sure what's wrong with it. as for the battery port it was loose so I did re-solder it.

6. Apr 11, 2014 #5

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Then why do you expect any result if you move it around?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook