1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Particle Astrophysics grad schools

1. Sep 12, 2009 #1
    I'm a senior undergrad, so I'm currently in the process of researching grad schools to apply to. My primary area of interest is Experimental Particle Astrophysics, and I would just like any thoughts you might have about grad schools that would be a good match for that focus (both selective schools and more easily attainable "backup" schools). Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2009 #2
    My school, Iowa State, has an active particle astrophysics research group, of which I am a part. We're involved in the VERITAS atmospheric Cherenkov telescope array, as well as the Fermi gamma-ray space telescope. It's pretty cool, because I get to go down to the telescope every so often and play with hardware. If you're interested in the experimental side of particle astro, you might want to look at universities that are in the VERITAS collaboration (or HESS, if you're in Europe).

Or if gamma-ray astrophysics isn't your cup of tea, it might be worth looking at the University of Minnesota (where I did undergrad). They do a lot of neutrino physics, but I don't know how much into the experimental side they are.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook