Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Particle swarm optimization for matrix inversion

1. Jan 4, 2019 #1
    Hi everyone,

I am working on matrix inversion and focusing on low-complexity method such as iterative method. Recently, I am interested to explore how particle swarm optimization (PSO) can be applied to do matrix inversion. Since I am very very new in PSO, I have no idea how to start my work.

Is anybody here has experience doing this work? If yes, can you share to me any material,such as books or articles related to this work. It is really appreciated if you can guide me the correct method to use PSO for matrix inversion. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2019 #2

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

"Working on matrix inversion" does not define what function you are attempting to optimize. For example, if you have two matrix inversion methods, what function determines which is better? Method A might produce an answer faster than method B on some matrices and slower than method B on others. How do you intend to rate which method is superior?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?