Period and frequency of a lightwave

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 6K views
menco
Messages
42
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


If a lightwave has a wavelength of 630nm, what is the period and frequency?


Homework Equations


F=c/v
T=1/F


The Attempt at a Solution


F = 3x10^8/6.3x10^-7 = 4.76Hz

T = 1/F = 1/4.76 = 0.21s

Am I correct or way off? I converted the wavelength to meters hoping this was correct
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Converting the wavelength to meter is correct, but you are still way off. Take a look at your powers of 10 again.
 
Yeah menco, there is a calculation error and nothing else.
 
Ah yes i forgot to put it in brackets on the calculator. I had another try and got

4.76x10^14 Hz and 2.1x10^-15 seconds
 
menco said:
2.1x10^-15 seconds

2.1 x 10-15 s-1 ,, not just s