Period of Oscillation for mass on a spring.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
dragon-kazooie
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Hi! I would just like someone to verify that I am doing this correctly (and point out what I am doing wrong if I am not). A friend is getting T = 0.148s but I don't have her calculations, but I think I am solving the problem correctly and getting 0.9634s.

1. Homework Statement

A 0.87 kg mass is hung on a spring. When released, it goes into simple harmonic motion. If the spring constant is 37 n/m, what is the period of the oscillation?

Homework Equations


T=2π√ (m/k)

The Attempt at a Solution


T=2π √ (0.87/37)
T=2π × 0.15334
T = 0.9634sThank you in advance!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
kuruman said:
I get the same answer as you.
Thank you!