Perseid Stragglers: Clear Sky, 10-20 Fiery Trails/Hr

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bystander
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Messages
5,629
Reaction score
1,778
"Oh-dark-thirty" MDT: clear sky, and 10-20 fiery trails an hour. If you're still up and it's clear where you are, give it a watch.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hmmm... I saw one meteor the other night but that was it. I'll have to look closer.
 
I've been stuck here at work on nights for the past week. On top of that, even though I can go outside, there's so much light pollution (chemical process unit) that the only objects visible are the moon, Venus, and Jupiter. On top of that I've been going outside all night and the clouds are JUST NOW starting to break up (3 AM).

I'm off tomorrow night and where I live there is minimal light pollution, so I just have to hope for clear skies.