1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Personal Statement Undergraduate

1. Oct 7, 2015 #1
    I'm applying for joint honor course in Mathematics and Physics and single honor course in Theoretical Physics at universities in the UK. I am struggling with putting into words what I enjoy about physics and mathematics in my personal statement. I have the other paragraphs in place (I think), it's just difficult explaining what areas I enjoy and why I enjoy them. If someone could please help me form these bulletpoints into cohesive sentences I would very very very much appreciate it:nb)

• I like the challenges they offer
    • Physics gives me insight into the workings of our universe
    • I like the 'mystery' and 'unknown' (the idea of working to solve things we don't yet know)
    • I am intrigued by quantum mechanics in particular
    • I want to work on a unified field theory in the future
    • I love the elegance and beauty in mathematics (simple proofs)
    • It's inspiring how mathematics is built up of axioms and postulates
    • How we can use mathematics to solve real life problems
    • Fascinating how mathematics seemingly underpins every aspect of the universe
    I just can't seem to get a good flow or a nice transition between the to subjects. I would be forever indebted if someone would write 1-2 paragraphs for me as to get at least an idea of what I can write:smile:

EDIT: I dit it! Something just clicked and I managed to finish my personal statemenet, and I am very pleased with it if I might say so myself:biggrin::-p

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2015 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook