Perturbative Super-Yang-Mills from the Topological AdS_5xS^5 Sigma Model

• Thread starter humanino
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

Lubos said this partial proof is a complete proof, lacking some details. http://motls.blogspot.com/2008/06/nathan-berkovits-proof-of-adscft.html
The link you give was already posted above. I read what Lubos said, and I wonder what other theoreticians think, since Lubos sometimes has unconventional posts on his blog...

edit
I mean, it seems to me that if this is true, this not just "the most interesting paper on hep-th today" (as posted by Lubos) but an historical result !

But all theoreticians must be busy checking the paper, so this is why I do not get answers yet. At least, there does not seem to be anything obviously wrong with it :smile:

Last edited:
MTd2
Gold Member
The link you give was already posted above. I read what Lubos said, and I wonder what other theoreticians think, since Lubos sometimes has unconventional posts on his blog...
Sorry :S. I thought it was a direct link to the article at arxiv :S :S... I had it opened on my browser, along with Lubo's post, so I didn't bother clicking on your link.

I guess Marcus will love this, since it involves spin networks.

Haelfix
Science Advisor
These things are never quite perfectly rigorous, but they're strong plausibility arguments, which Ads/CFT already has a ton off. Perhaps this is a little stronger than just checking pwave expansion coefficients on both side, but then we're physicists.

I don't know how other string theorists are reacting to the details of this particular paper though.

I guess Marcus will love this, since it involves spin networks.
Oh, I thought exactly the same. But the spin network seems to me to be on the worldsheet, not the target space, so the math tools are similar but this is only a formal similarity.

Perhaps this is a little stronger than just checking pwave expansion coefficients on both side
I am not sure I understand what this precisely means, but I appreciate your answer. I guess this must have something to do with the BMN matrix model

jal