Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PF Community Animation contest

1. Dec 23, 2009 #1

baywax

Gold Member

I don't know if you remember way back when there was an application brought on line here that member's used to make animations and were then entered into a contest.

That was fun and quite a few people showed their imagination and good humour in the process. It seemed to be a good meeting point. It also occurred during this time of year.

Any plans to resurrect that funny little activity?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 6, 2010 #2
    Are you sure? I don't remember this at all. Anyone?

4. Jan 6, 2010 #3

drizzle

Gold Member

Reeeeaaaally! Wooooaaaahhhh :!!) My imagination just started going wild :biggrin:

5. Jan 6, 2010 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

We had a website that allowed us to make cartoons, but there was no contest. It was in my New Year's Eve thread a few years ago. Unfortunately the company cleared their database and we lost the cartoons.

The place still lets you make cartoons if you want me to put a thread up on it. They were a lot of fun.

I think Borek also has a way to do animations.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  6. Jan 6, 2010 #5

Borek

Staff: Mentor

7. Jan 6, 2010 #6

baywax

Gold Member

Ah yes... Evo has cleared it up for me... it wasn't a PF wide thing... just Evo's thread I guess... and no contest although there may have been judgments made?

I did one with FZ as a hillbilly and me as Santa Claus... FZ was taken back since he was so British... hee hee.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook