PF Community Animation contest

• Thread starter baywax
  • Start date
In summary, there was an application in the past where members could make animations and enter them into a contest. It was a popular and fun activity that occurred during this time of year. However, the company responsible for the website deleted their database, causing the loss of the cartoons. Some members still have ways to create animations, but it was not a widespread activity on the forum.
baywax
Gold Member
I don't know if you remember way back when there was an application brought on line here that member's used to make animations and were then entered into a contest.

That was fun and quite a few people showed their imagination and good humour in the process. It seemed to be a good meeting point. It also occurred during this time of year.

Any plans to resurrect that funny little activity?

Physics news on Phys.org
Reeeeaaaally! Wooooaaaahhhh :!) My imagination just started going wild :biggrin:

We had a website that allowed us to make cartoons, but there was no contest. It was in my New Year's Eve thread a few years ago. Unfortunately the company cleared their database and we lost the cartoons.

The place still let's you make cartoons if you want me to put a thread up on it. They were a lot of fun.

I think Borek also has a way to do animations.

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
Are you sure? I don't remember this at all. Anyone?

Ah yes... Evo has cleared it up for me... it wasn't a PF wide thing... just Evo's thread I guess... and no contest although there may have been judgments made?

I did one with FZ as a hillbilly and me as Santa Claus... FZ was taken back since he was so British... hee hee.

FAQ: PF Community Animation contest

1. What is the "PF Community Animation contest"?

The "PF Community Animation contest" is a competition organized by the PF Community to encourage individuals to create animated videos related to science and technology.

2. Who can participate in the "PF Community Animation contest"?

The "PF Community Animation contest" is open to all individuals, regardless of age, nationality, or profession.

3. What are the rules and guidelines for the "PF Community Animation contest"?

Participants must create an original animated video that is related to science and technology, and it should not exceed a certain length specified by the organizers. The video must also meet certain technical requirements, such as file format and resolution. More detailed guidelines can be found on the official website of the contest.

4. How are the winners of the "PF Community Animation contest" determined?

The winners will be chosen by a panel of judges, who will evaluate the videos based on creativity, relevance to the theme, and overall quality. The decision of the judges is final.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the "PF Community Animation contest"?

The prizes for the winners may vary each year, but typically include cash prizes, certificates, and recognition from the PF Community. The exact prizes will be announced on the official website of the contest.

Back