PF Erratic Behavior: Last Day Troubleshooting Access Issues

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how the website PR has been experiencing technical issues, making it difficult for users to access and edit posts. However, the issue seems to have been resolved and users can now access the site without any problems. Some users even joked about the incident, comparing it to a temper tantrum that was "spanked" and wondering if the website had gained sentience.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
The last day or so PR has been behaving very erratically; sometimes I can't get access. It seems to choke whenever I go to edit a post. Is it just me? Has it been resolved?

Physics news on Phys.org
It threw a temper tantrum and we spanked it.

Zz.

It was WAY bad yesterday--I had to just give up. But as of this morning, it seems OK to me.

Ditto - I could not access the site anytime I tried yesterday. Which brought to my attention how much I must like PF to justify fiddling around so very often with failed connect attempts.

Seems fine now.

I couldn't get through the mainpage, but apparently some could get in via a subforum and then navigate by by-passing the main page. It appears the problem has been corrected.

Like Astro I had trouble accessing the main page but all other areas seemed ok and now its fine.

Shakes diminishing. Resting comfortably.

I actually got work done yesterday since I couldn't get in. :frown:

Evo, That sounds painful.. hope it boosts your results pay.

No additional money and I must be careful not to set unrealistic expectations with my boss that I am capable of working at more than a snail's pace.

Evo said:
I actually got work done yesterday since I couldn't get in.
Out of sheer boredom I actually walked into the lab yesterday. My director called to see if I was OK.

Doc Al said:
Out of sheer boredom I actually walked into the lab yesterday. My director called to see if I was OK.
:smile:

ZapperZ said:
It threw a temper tantrum and we spanked it.

Zz.

Did it rename itself "Skynet" and become sentient and omnipotent?

Related to PF Erratic Behavior: Last Day Troubleshooting Access Issues

What is PF Erratic Behavior?

PF Erratic Behavior is a term used in computer science to describe the unpredictable or inconsistent actions of a program or system. It can refer to various types of issues, such as crashes, freezes, or other unexpected behavior.

What is the Last Day Troubleshooting Access Issues?

Last Day Troubleshooting Access Issues is a specific problem related to accessing a system or program on its last day of operation. This can occur due to a variety of reasons, such as expired licenses, server maintenance, or other technical issues.

What causes PF Erratic Behavior?

PF Erratic Behavior can be caused by a variety of factors, including software bugs, hardware malfunctions, corrupted files, conflicts with other programs, or inadequate system resources. Proper troubleshooting techniques can help identify the root cause of the issue.

How can I troubleshoot PF Erratic Behavior?

To troubleshoot PF Erratic Behavior, start by identifying any recent changes or updates made to the system or program. Then, try restarting the system, running a virus scan, and checking for any software conflicts. If the issue persists, seek help from technical support or consult online forums for solutions.

How can I prevent Last Day Troubleshooting Access Issues?

To prevent Last Day Troubleshooting Access Issues, make sure to keep your system and programs up to date, regularly back up important data, and pay attention to any notifications or warnings about expiring licenses. It is also a good idea to have a contingency plan in case unexpected issues arise on the last day of operation.