PF Mail not receiving messages

• Thread starter ZiadAR
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about the discontinuation of PF Mail, a personal email service, without prior notice. It was mentioned that Microsoft had sent an email about the discontinuation, but the service had not been mentioned in years. One person mentioned switching to ProtonMail as an alternative.
ZiadAR
Hi Folks!

For exactly a week I haven't been receiving any messages on my PF Mail (my primary and only personal email) apart from filtered forwarding from other accounts (work ...etc).

Is anybody facing, or has recently faced, this issue?

Physics news on Phys.org
PF mail has been discontinued. I'm trying to find the post where Greg said that but I'm not being very successful.EDIT: Read this.

I apologize for not having a notice. Microsoft sent me an email saying they were discontinuing the service we were using. I had no idea anyone was still using the emails as I haven't mentioned the service in what feels like 8-10 years.

Oh Thanks DataGG and Greg,

No problem at all Greg! Yeah I can say I'd been happy using the service for a few years. Probably it's time now to try ProtonMail.CH ;)

Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. Why am I not receiving any emails in PF Mail?

There could be a few reasons for this issue. First, check your internet connection to ensure that you are connected. If your connection is fine, then check your email filters to make sure that the emails are not being automatically deleted or sent to a different folder. Additionally, you may want to check your spam or junk folder to see if the emails are being filtered there. If none of these solutions work, it is possible that there is an issue with the PF Mail server, in which case you should contact customer support for further assistance.

2. How can I fix the problem of not receiving emails in PF Mail on my mobile device?

If you are experiencing this issue on your mobile device, first make sure that you have a stable internet connection. If the issue persists, try closing and reopening the PF Mail app. If that does not work, try restarting your device. If you are still not receiving emails, try uninstalling and reinstalling the PF Mail app. If the problem continues, contact customer support for further assistance.

3. Can PF Mail not receiving messages be caused by a full inbox?

Yes, if your inbox is full, you will not be able to receive any new emails. To resolve this issue, you will need to delete some emails to free up space in your inbox. You can also create folders and move emails from your inbox to these folders to help organize your emails and free up space. Once you have cleared some space in your inbox, you should start receiving emails again.

4. Why am I receiving some emails but not others in PF Mail?

This could be due to email filters or rules set up in your PF Mail account. Check your filters and rules to see if they are moving certain emails to a different folder or automatically deleting them. Additionally, if you are using multiple email accounts, make sure that the ones you are not receiving emails from are still linked to your PF Mail account.

5. Is there a limit to the size of attachments I can receive in PF Mail?

Yes, PF Mail has a limit of 25 MB for attachments. If the attachment you are trying to receive is larger than this, you will not be able to receive it. You can try asking the sender to compress the file or use a file-sharing service instead. Additionally, make sure that your inbox is not full, as this can also prevent you from receiving attachments.