PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
Tsunami said:
I don't think you'll have to worry about whether or not Monique will get some before us, MIH. Evo's like a freakin' HOOVER with Belgian chocolates. They'll be gone before she can get back onto her computer. :grumpy:
Mmmmmm, and Dimitri only sends the GOOD chocolates, none of that fruit gummy jelly stuff.

Tsunami said:
Dimitri just doesn't LIKE us - or he'd send US chocolates, too. :cry: But that's OK. WE'RE judges, too! There are now enough of us to vote down that big ole tub o' chocolate, Evo. He's not getting first place unless we ALL vote for him... :devil: :rofl:
Dimitri, you'd better get the trucks rolling out to Tsunami, MIH & Monique ASAP! :surprise:

Monique said:
Yeah, no one ever sends ME chocolates :cry: But that's ok, I still got a bag of Ghirardelli chocolate squares saved, they've only just been half molten and are at least 2 years old, but that is ok :cry: :wink:
Poor Monique. :cry: Here you go (stuffs my best chocolates into Monique's computer). I zipped them first so that they don't get messy.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Monique said:
Yeah, no one ever sends ME chocolates :cry: But that's ok, I still got a bag of Ghirardelli chocolate squares saved, they've only just been half molten and are at least 2 years old, but that is ok :cry: :wink:
DON'T WASTE GOOD CHOCOLATE LIKE THAT! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Evo said:
Dimitri, you'd better get the trucks rolling out to Tsunami, MIH & Monique ASAP! :surprise:
Waiting... :grumpy: *starts tapping foot...*

p.s. Evo! Don't get those chocolates caught in your zipper! :rofl: :rofl:

mumble.. I don't like American chocolate so I thought.. why waste them? save them! :tongue2: HEY! I could zip some of these up to share.. I have got orange filling, caramel, double chocolate and mint.. who wants? :wink:

ofcourse I GORGE on all the European chocolates I receive :biggrin:

Last edited:
Monique said:
I have got orange filling, caramel, double chocolate and mint.. who wants? :wink:

heck, I'll take some. Thanks!

Hey, Dimitri, here's a math question for you. A person enters a contest with four judges. He wants to please 100% of the judges in order to secure their votes and win the contest. He knows that all four judges like Belgian chocolate. Should he send chocolate to:

a) one of the judges
b) two of the judges
c) three of the judges
d) four of the judges

Please choose only one answer. :smile:

Welcome to Omid & humanino!

Great pictures guys! :smile:

humanino said:
I use to hang in the physics forum, because I was not aware of you having so much fun here ! (^_^)
We have a great group of people here in General Discussion. :approve:

Geez! Where are my manners! Welcome Omid & humanino! :biggrin: Indeed! Nice pictures! Thank you!

edit: Oh, Yeah! (I forgot what thread I was in! :surprise: :biggrin:) You must submit your pictures in the Cutest Guy/girl thread! :wink: :biggrin:

Monique said:
mumble.. I don't like American chocolate so I thought.. why waste them? save them! :tongue2: HEY! I could zip some of these up to share.. I have got orange filling, caramel, double chocolate and mint.. who wants? :wink:

ofcourse I GORGE on all the European chocolates I receive :biggrin:
You've got a real good point about that American chocolate thing. I'll have some of that double chocolate, please! :biggrin: :biggrin: Is it DARK double chocolate? (Doesn't matter really... :wink:)

So, Dimitri! What's your answer? Hmmmmm? Would it be... D?

Last edited:
Tsunami said:
You've got a real good point about that American chocolate thing. I'll have some of that double chocolate, please! :biggrin: :biggrin: Is it DARK double chocolate? (Doesn't matter really... :wink:)

ah...Tsu, you're making me so hungry!

Tsunami said:
So, Dimitri! What's your answer? Hmmmmm? Would it be... D?

I love those subtle hints! :biggrin:

Pardon me for replying so late, but I was overseeing the loading of four trucksloads of Belgian chocolates. Each of the trucks has a different destination, which of course is a closely gaurded secret. Although the observent reader will undoubtedly have guessed their destination :wink:

I choose option E. Give MORE chocolat to all four judges. :biggrin:

Dimitri Terryn said:
Pardon me for replying so late, but I was overseeing the loading of four trucksloads of Belgian chocolates. Each of the trucks has a different destination, which of course is a closely gaurded secret. Although the observent reader will undoubtedly have guessed their destination :wink:

GOOD ANSWER!
I think we will have to award some major bonus points for this one.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Dimitri Terryn said:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Wise choice! :approve: :biggrin:

Hey Monique, I got tickets to go to the Cadburys factory... :wink:

Thanx Evo and Tsu ! I am not going to submit my picture to the cutest thing thread. This is useless. I'm straight, and there are only guys here (Sorry Monique ! You should definitely win the cutest contest anyway ;-)

Please do not forget Swiss chocolates too ! They are even better than Belgium ones, which contain too much fat !

humanino said:
Thanx Evo and Tsu ! I am not going to submit my picture to the cutest thing thread. This is useless. I'm straight, and there are only guys here (Sorry Monique ! You should definitely win the cutest contest anyway ;-)
Ahem...Tsunami and I are female. :grumpy: So is Math Is Hard.

I apologize Evo (as well as to others), because I have a very bad sens of humor. Yet, you might admit that there is some kind of truth in what I said...

humanino said:
I apologize Evo (as well as to others), because I have a very bad sens of humor. Yet, you might admit that there is some kind of truth in what I said...
I was just teasing you. :wink: I must say I've never been called a male before.

I'm glad that you posted your picture in the contest. You can send that Swiss chocolate to me. :tongue2:

Evo said:
I was just teasing you. :wink: I must say I've never been called a male before.

Lucky you! I swear if one more person on this site calls me "dude" or "guy" I'll scream. :devil:
I am so obviously a female skunk! :grumpy:

Evo said:
I'm glad that you posted your picture in the contest. You can send that Swiss chocolate to me. :tongue2:

what? No Parisian chocolates, humanino? Are the Swiss chocolates better? You better send me some too - just so I can verify that for myself! :biggrin:

Um, SWISS chocolate?? :yuck: I'd rather have some of those lovely Parisian CHAMPAGNE TRUFFLES! :biggrin: :wink:

Parisian people have a great taste. Therefore, our chocolates are very good. But this is only because we buy them at Geneva. (^_^)
Now, Tsu is right ! If you had champagne to anything, then it gets to the highest level of sophistication. And only french people know how to do champagne.

I see everyone is having fun at Tsu's. So I guess I can send a big box for everyone to her place !

humanino said:
Parisian people have a great taste. Therefore, our chocolates are very good. But this is only because we buy them at Geneva. (^_^)
WHAT?!?!??!? :surprise:
Now, Tsu is right! ...
I see everyone is having fun at Tsu's. So I guess I can send a big box for everyone to her place!
humanino, you are MY kind of guy! :approve: :biggrin:

If Math_is_hard and Evo are really at your place, I could send you a Fauchon box. If you like Fauchon food. But it's not really food. It's closer to some form of art triggering unexplored sensations in your mouth.

Hi i am new!

Hi, my name is Manu, i am new to PF. This has to be the best site ever!

Well i am 24, male, from california, originally born in India. I recently graduated with b.s. in mathematical physics and going to begin the masters program in mechanical engineering in the fall. My interests are tennis (15 yrs), chess, dj'n trance and techno musik, tutoring. Hope to hear from you members soon, have fun...

Manu

Attachments

• manuroom2.JPG
    manuroom2.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 769
Welcome Manu2380 !
Do you like Go too ? Chess is fine. But Go is the best.

humanino said:
If Math_is_hard and Evo are really at your place, I could send you a Fauchon box. If you like Fauchon food. But it's not really food. It's closer to some form of art triggering unexplored sensations in your mouth.
Yeah. They're both right here next to me. Now, SEND THAT BOX! :biggrin: Ooooooooo... I can't WAIT! Yum! :biggrin:

Tsunami said:
Yeah. They're both right here next to me. Now, SEND THAT BOX! :biggrin: Ooooooooo... I can't WAIT! Yum! :biggrin:
If they are really at your place, how come they do not seem as motivated as you are ? ... I doubt :shy:

Hey what's up Humanino

I have never played Go yet but i will give it a try. Hopefully it is as challenging as chess.

lol nice id name btw, the first particle to have different lifetimes is the humanino? :smile:

Manu2380 said:
nice id name btw, the first particle to have different lifetimes is the humanino? :smile:
:rofl:

Manu2380 said:
have never played Go yet but i will give it a try. Hopefully it is as challenging as chess.
I would like someone else to give her/his opinion. Mine is : chess is just a matter of carefully considering every possibility. Computers are good at that, they even can beat us at chess. Go is so divergent in the possibilities, that computers can't deal with it. Go is more about shapes and feelings. Yet one has to pay attention too when playing Go.

Last edited:
I don't like computer games either. I am wondering about real game against real people. Do you prefer Go or Chess ?

humanino said:

Fauchon? I have never heard of this. Wait - is this like that food that is supposed to confuse the palate with unusual combinations of flavors and sensations (like bacon and egg sorbet)?

No it's not !
It is the finest classical french "délices".

humanino said:
Go is so divergent in the possibilities, that computers can't deal with it. Go is more about shapes and feelings. Yet one has to pay attention too when playing Go.
I have played GO, I even have the set. It is difficult. I also love Pente, a strategy game with stones, but much simpler.

Evo said:
I have played GO, I even have the set. It is difficult. I also love Pente, a strategy game with stones, but much simpler.

Ooh, me too! I used to play Pente all the time. I had forgotten about that game. I never learned all the ins and out of Go, though. It seemed like it would take a lot of time to become a "Go master".

humanino said:
If they are really at your place, how come they do not seem as motivated as you are ? ... I doubt :shy:
No. Really. They're right here. Right now. Send the box. :devil: :biggrin:

Tsunami said:
Don't believe her! Oh wait, I'm outside the house, I can intercept the package... :devil: :tongue2:

Yeah, SEND that package! :biggrin: