PF Mentors are really great people

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andy
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
48 replies · 9K views
Andy
Messages
76
Reaction score
14
Arent Mentors Brilliant! I mean they're just great, I love mentors.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: gracy
Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Andy
Arent Mentors Brilliant! I mean they're just great, I love mentors.
Thank you, yes, we are brilliant.


But we would be nothing without the graciousness of the members of PF. Pats on the back all around!
 
Andy, if you really want to become a mentor, then all you have to meet the following basic requirements.

1. Have deep knowledge in a specific topic on physicsforums

2. Must be dedicated to helping those less knowledgeable then you.

3. Willling and able to watch and protect all that is good and scared in this forum of intellect.

4. Must not look like a chimpanzee

5. Must not have a name that begins with an 'A' and ends with a 'Y'

6. Can't be born on August 20, 1985

7. Can't have a member number of 29

If you meet all these requirements, then all you have to do is wait for Greg to send you the standard mentor employment papers in the mail
 
Ahwww, how cruel! Greg! Ban Dduardo! :wink:


Andy gets a big peck on the cheek for being so nice
 
Originally posted by dduardo
Andy, if you really want to become a mentor, then all you have to meet the following basic requirements.

1. Have deep knowledge in a specific topic on physicsforums

2. Must be dedicated to helping those less knowledgeable then you.

3. Willling and able to watch and protect all that is good and scared in this forum of intellect.

4. Must not look like a chimpanzee

5. Must not have a name that begins with an 'A' and ends with a 'Y'

6. Can't be born on August 20, 1985

7. Can't have a member number of 29

If you meet all these requirements, then all you have to do is wait for Greg to send you the standard mentor employment papers in the mail

Ha..ha.. tough req.

Andy ... ha... ha...

I am old but new in posts so not enough posts...but I can write good joking comments can I be one ;)
 
dduardo...

mentors don't necessarily have to have a lot of knowledge in their forum the monitor...but i do believe the mentors must display compassion, patience for everyone to the best of their ability, and a positive attitude that encourages our members to contribute also that same positive attitude...

trivia question...which mentor has been on the board the longest, and how long have they been a mentor?
 
Is it Tom, and since the birth of Physicsforums.

Justa random guess there.
 
Originally posted by Andy
Is it Tom, and since the birth of Physicsforums.

Justa random guess there.

No, I've been here only since 3/11/02.
 
The earliest archive I could find is this one:

Physics Forums I

I wonder who is Niqqie anyone seen that person around here?
Who comes up with such a name anyway..
 
Originally posted by Kerrie
trivia question...which mentor has been on the board the longest, and how long have they been a mentor?
I believe the answer is Zero.
 
i think it is either monique or phobos...but Greg is THE original member :)

zero & I came as mentors in the fall of 2001...

sting, when did you become a mentor?
 
Ok here we go

1. Greg
2. Monique
3. Phobos
4. Sting
5. Zero
6. Kerrie
7. Integral
8. Tom
9. Janus
10. ahrkron
11. Hurkyl
12. HallsofIvy
13. Ivan Seeking
14. selfAdjoint
15. enigma
16. russ_watters
17. Another God
18. hypnagogue (Advisor)
19. chroot
20. Ambitwister (Advisor)
 
So who is it then? I though monique had'nt been a member from the beginning.
 
lol...i was going to say greg was the first but seeing as i have only just managed to fix the internet (yes i myself sorted out every problem on the web...i wish *geek sound*) on my computer

I'll say it now... GREG was the first member as he was the founding father of PF.

And yes, mentors are great. Without them...uh, there would be nobody to put in the mentors section of the pages...GOOD JOB!
 
But that doesn't answer the question of how long. And jimmy p the question was who was the first mentor, i believe greg has only ever been the adminastrator.
 
Originally posted by Andy
But that doesn't answer the question of how long. And jimmy p the question was who was the first mentor, i believe greg has only ever been the adminastrator.

Monique was brought onboard within the first month, phobos wasn't too much further off.
 
well greg seemed to agree that he was a mentor, and he has always been there...before PF there was Greg, he has always been there and always will...how philosophical
 
Thats just a theoretical place dammit, i could easily have been #29 or what i would like to have been..#6, so i could go through that whole 'The Prisoner' routine

'You are number 6'
'I am not a number, I'm a free man!'


"You are number 628" doesn't have the same ring to it? hey greg ol'buddy ol' pal, can i be #6 please
 
I became a member on feb 8 2001 the second one of allll the members! (Phobos became a member on the 9th btw)

Just to note, the post count you see is not starting from that time it gets reset with new versions of PF :wink:

For the newer members, the Niqqie mentor in PF I is in fact me, mystery solved? :)

Do I get the prize Kerrie? :wink:
 
Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
Ok here we go

1. Greg
2. Monique
3. Phobos
4. Sting
5. Zero
6. Kerrie
7. Integral
8. Tom
9. Janus
10. ahrkron
11. Hurkyl
12. HallsofIvy
13. Ivan Seeking
14. selfAdjoint
15. enigma
16. russ_watters
17. Another God
18. hypnagogue (Advisor)
19. chroot
20. Ambitwister (Advisor)

50. Moni (Became PF Mentor Jan 2007)

Sorry! this is a Sci-Fi
 
You could always sit around and wait until you can reregister to be #24601.
 
Originally posted by Monique
I became a member on feb 8 2001 the second one of allll the members! (Phobos became a member on the 9th btw)

Just to note, the post count you see is not starting from that time it gets reset with new versions of PF :wink:

For the newer members, the Niqqie mentor in PF I is in fact me, mystery solved? :)

Do I get the prize Kerrie? :wink:

yes, i bless you with wisdom and experience of the oldest PF member!

next question, can anyone guess what my original name was in PF 1?
 
I remember! hint: look up to the stars for answers..
 
Originally posted by Monique
I remember! hint: look up to the stars for answers..

Kylie Minogue?
 
Originally posted by Adrian Baker
Kylie Minogue?
you probably read Vogue for the astronomical articles?