PF PHOTO CONTEST - The Tree Of Life (9/13-9/19)

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
Borek
Mentor
With so many perfect picturesque trees I feel like adding another one - perhaps not worse than those already shown, but for sure not better - doesn't make sense. But I can always try to add something a little bit different. Perhaps not The Tree of Life, but The Tree Full of Life. Or at least - The Tree Full of Appetite.

tree.jpg

I swear I have heard crunching when taking a picture; could be it was my wife eating nuts, but I am not sure.

Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
turbo and Moonbear, thanks. That park has a few cool looking trees ... I had to choose between this photo and another.

edit:
LOL Borek. That's awesome!

turbo
Gold Member
With so many perfect picturesque trees I feel like adding another one - perhaps not worse than those already shown, but for sure not better - doesn't make sense. But I can always try to add something a little bit different. Perhaps not The Tree of Life, but The Tree Full of Life. Or at least - The Tree Full of Appetite.

tree.jpg

I swear I have heard crunching when taking a picture; could be it was my wife eating nuts, but I am not sure.
Nice (hungry) tree! I have another picture that I considered using, but I couldn't locate the print. We were renting an old farmhouse that had been occupied for over 150 years and at some point, the residents had fastened a zinc sign topped with a figure of a squirrel to a big oak tree out front. The tree had pretty much engulfed the sign so that just a little bit of the squirrel was left showing.

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
You have less than 2 days left to submit a photo for this contest.

Zz.

matthyaouw
Gold Member
tree.jpg

Today I went out to photograph an old derelict mill (the one in the background). It stands in the middle of one of the main industrial areas of the city; hardly a natural paradise. Yet next to it, growing out of the concrete by the river bank I found this apple tree clinging to existance (more than clinging, doing quite well considering its situation). I thought it deserved a photo

I have decided that it isn't even worth posting my "good" photo, there are so many amazingly beautiful pictures! So instead, I will post the photo that shows life.

335051839.jpg

Incase you can't read it (since the image is so small now), it says something like "Me & Lee, July 11, 1949". Or it could be Me & Sue, or Me & Lea...... But the date is very clear.

Evo
Mentor
I have decided that it isn't even worth posting my "good" photo, there are so many amazingly beautiful pictures! So instead, I will post the photo that shows life.

335051839.jpg

Incase you can't read it (since the image is so small now), it says something like "Me & Lee, July 11, 1949". Or it could be Me & Sue, or Me & Lea...... But the date is very clear.
Perhaps "me & Leo"?

rantech
another photo, done it in my backyard

http://www.eduardcimbru.com/contest.JPG [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
another photo, done it in my backyard

Sorry, but this contest is over. The dates of the contest are listed in the title.

Zz.