Photo of Jupiter's moons with cellphone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gliese123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Moons Photo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
39 replies · 18K views
Gliese123 said:
That's at least something. LOL. Well. I've tried that too but without success. Cellphone's not that good when one mix darkness and a single light source. I could barely see the difference between a lamppost and the moon. xD Oh in the UK? I live in Sweden! :) So that's more or less the same view for us both then :) Have you tried Stellarium? I would have been lost if not that program was available. There's also Google skymap :)
Working with spacecraft ? Now that's something I would like to do as well :) I wonder if there'a ny jobs here for that xD

Well UCL do a Masters in Engineering specifically with spacecraft . I'm not even in uni yet so I'm indulging in fantasy a little. I've downloaded Stellarium today actually but not had a chance to use it. If I worked as an engineer I'd take a path that allowed me to apply for such opportunities. Probably contracts with spaceX or virgin galactic. What do you do for a living, anything science related?
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
EBENEZR said:
Well UCL do a Masters in Engineering specifically with spacecraft . I'm not even in uni yet so I'm indulging in fantasy a little. I've downloaded Stellarium today actually but not had a chance to use it. If I worked as an engineer I'd take a path that allowed me to apply for such opportunities. Probably contracts with spaceX or virgin galactic. What do you do for a living, anything science related?
Well, same here. Still struggle with high school subjects. Or as it's called here: Gymnasium. Basically the same but we choose what we like a bit earlier, but basically the same. Oh well, I've been into the astronomy path for some time now but since that field isn't that vast expanded here as it is in the UK, the US, France or any other bigger nation - then the chances are smaller to get a job. And I don't know if I would to consider moving abroad for such thing. Don't know really. But it's good that we have dreams after all :)
 
Gliese123 said:
Well, same here. Still struggle with high school subjects. Or as it's called here: Gymnasium. Basically the same but we choose what we like a bit earlier, but basically the same. Oh well, I've been into the astronomy path for some time now but since that field isn't that vast expanded here as it is in the UK, the US, France or any other bigger nation - then the chances are smaller to get a job. And I don't know if I would to consider moving abroad for such thing. Don't know really. But it's good that we have dreams after all :)

Ahh right. Well, I'm a mature student so I'm taking pre-uni qualifications (I left school without any). Sorry I'm derailing the thread a little. Nice choice of name btw!
 
EBENEZR said:
Ahh right. Well, I'm a mature student so I'm taking pre-uni qualifications (I left school without any). Sorry I'm derailing the thread a little. Nice choice of name btw!
Thank you ^^/ No problem that we go of topic :) Well I wish you luck in the future :)
 
Gliese123 said:
Thank you ^^/ No problem that we go of topic :) Well I wish you luck in the future :)

You too!
 
We are all familiar with images from professional telescopes but there is something magical about doing it yourself, to look through a simple telescope or binoculars and take a picture of another world yourself.

Thank you both for sharing your images, it was a thrill to see.

Don
 
DHF said:
We are all familiar with images from professional telescopes but there is something magical about doing it yourself, to look through a simple telescope or binoculars and take a picture of another world yourself.

Thank you both for sharing your images, it was a thrill to see.

Don

My pleasure :)
 
Excellent work. Did you take multiple pictures and stack? One can only imagine what the technology of the next decade will bring us!
 
I am looking forward for the James Web Telec. indeed :)