Physics B in high school or college?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the requirement for one year of physics for dental school admissions. The question is whether to take the AP test in high school and potentially get a B in Physics C, or take Physics B in college and get an A. It is mentioned that you need one year of college physics to get into dental school. The conversation ends with the question of which option would look better to the admissions office.
Legendofdeep
I'm a going to be a senior in high school next. I'm planning to go to Dental School. One the requirements is one year of Physics not counting AP credit. What would be better to the admissions office? To take the AP test in high school, and get around a B in Physics C or get a A in Physics B in college.

Physics news on Phys.org
Physics C

Physics C

Legendofdeep said:
I'm a going to be a senior in high school next. I'm planning to go to Dental School. One the requirements is one year of Physics not counting AP credit. What would be better to the admissions office? To take the AP test in high school, and get around a B in Physics C or get a A in Physics B in college.

I'm not sure I understand...how do you know at this point what your grade will be?

take physics B, it is still pretty hard and you don't need physics C or even B for dentistry

Take physics C, because it's a bit simpler if it's over a full year and you have an A in calculus I.

lisab said:
I'm not sure I understand...how do you know at this point what your grade will be?

I'm just predicting.

stonecoldgen said:
take physics B, it is still pretty hard and you don'y need physics C or even B for dentistry

You need one year of college physics to get into dental school.

So it would look better to get a B in a high class than getting a A in a lower class?

1. What is Physics B?

Physics B is a high school or college-level course that covers the fundamental principles of physics, including mechanics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and thermodynamics.

2. What topics are covered in Physics B?

The topics covered in Physics B include kinematics, forces, energy, waves, electricity, magnetism, and thermodynamics.

3. Is Physics B a difficult course?

Physics B can be challenging for some students, as it requires a strong foundation in mathematics and critical thinking skills. However, with dedication and proper study techniques, it can be a rewarding and enjoyable course.

4. What are the benefits of taking Physics B?

Taking Physics B can help students develop problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as a deeper understanding of the physical world around them. It can also prepare students for future studies and careers in science, engineering, and technology.

5. What resources are available to help with Physics B?

There are many resources available to help with Physics B, including textbooks, online tutorials, study guides, and practice problems. Additionally, most schools have teachers and tutors who can provide extra support and guidance throughout the course.