1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics graduate in need of career advice

1. Aug 3, 2015 #1
    Hello, my name is Israel and I have a B.A. in physics from California State University Stanislaus. I graduated in 2011 in the worst economy ever and in the worst part of the U.S. to be hit by the great recession. I have substitute taught in every subject in K-12, but I am looking to get into the field in electrical engineering. I have an interest in E&M and digital and analog circuits. Any career advice or lead on a job would most appreciated.

Best,

Israel

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2015 #2

Borg

Gold Member

Welcome to PF, Israel.

4. Aug 3, 2015 #3
    I advise going to school for electrical engineering. A MS or a BS, depending on your background and your local university's requirements.

Assuming you have a similar basic knowledge of circuits that all physics grads have, I don't think a company would be very willing to take the time to train you up to the EE BS level when they can just hire a real EE BS. But maybe you have some experience and skills beyond the basics. What is your experience with circuits and did you do research as an undergraduate?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook