• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Programs Physics Minor with Computer Science

I'd have to take 3 extra courses to qualify for the minor. Is it worth it?

Yes, I'm majoring in computer science and over halfway through my bachelor's.

I'm learning from the current course I'm taking that the online homework - and to some degree the labs - really helps with comprehension. I can teach myself but probably not as well as if I'd taken a course.

Convincing my parents to pay for it would be the hard thing. Maybe if I do well in my current physics course or I can show how it could help me in the job market they'll be more easy to convince.

Are there any other minors that might really help with the job market? I really *enjoy* physics which is why I'm considering this minor. But, again, gotta convince my parents.

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Why do they need to be convinced? They would be expected to already understand intuitively, that the connection between the two is a very sensible one.

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
To help them understand, you can tell them the Physics courses may form some opportunities for some applied computerization experience. I am not sure how reliable is this idea, but I imagine that it would be true. You might find better details about any such computerization involved in your Physics courses if you talk to people in your school's Physics department and Computer Science department.

verty

Homework Helper
What other minors? Graphic design or finance could be useful.