Physics of pizza tossing and helical motion

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter cinderblock
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
cinderblock
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
So I've decided to research the physics of pizza tossing. What I have so far is that the dough experiences helical motion as it is tossed up in the air and that physicists are linking the mechanics of pizza tossing and mini motors. If anyone could tell me equations related to this topic, that would help a lot!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
cinderblock said:
So I've decided to research the physics of pizza tossing.

The real physics comes in trying to deliver the pizza to the customer within 30 minutes, and sometimes it requires superliminal velocity, time travel, and doppler shift (to change red lights into green).. ;))

..