Physics Problem: Can a Biker Make a 45m Gap Jump at 20m/s and 30 Degrees?

• Thread starter bibbs
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the biker is attempting to clear a 45m gap at a speed of 20m/s and a jump angle of 30 degrees. To solve this problem, the initial velocities for the vertical and horizontal components can be calculated using the given information. From there, equations can be used to determine the time and displacement. While the process may take some time, it is relatively straightforward.
bibbs
will the biker make the jump?

Homework Statement

a stunt biker is trying to clear a gap of 45m, he is traveling at 20m/s and the jump angle is 30 degrees. the question is will he make the gap traveling at this speed? i am stuck as to how to start this problem any help would be greatly appriciated.:smile:

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
this is easy
they give u the angle and initial velocity so u can find out initial velocities for both vertical and horizontal components by multiplying 20*cos30 and 20*sin 30
then u can use an equation to find the time and then use another equation to get the displacement
simple stuff really
just takes a while

thanks i was thinking along thoose lines...but wasnt sure

1. How do I approach a difficult physics problem?

When faced with a challenging physics problem, it is important to break it down into smaller, more manageable steps. Start by identifying the given information and what the problem is asking you to find. Then, use relevant equations and principles to solve for the unknown variable. It may also be helpful to draw diagrams or make a list of known and unknown quantities.

2. I don't understand the equations in my physics problem. What should I do?

If you are having trouble understanding the equations in a physics problem, try breaking them down into smaller parts and understanding each component separately. You can also consult textbooks, online resources, or ask a teacher or tutor for clarification. It may also be helpful to practice using the equations in simpler problems before tackling the more difficult one.

3. How do I check my answer to a physics problem?

To check your answer to a physics problem, you can use dimensional analysis to ensure that the units of your answer are correct. You can also plug your answer back into the original equation to see if it satisfies all of the given information. Additionally, it can be helpful to double-check your calculations to make sure there are no errors.

4. I keep getting the wrong answer to a physics problem. What am I doing wrong?

If you are consistently getting the wrong answer to a physics problem, it is important to review your approach and calculations. Double-check all of the given information, equations, and units you are using. It may also be helpful to work through the problem with a classmate or ask a teacher for guidance. Remember to take your time and carefully follow each step of the problem-solving process.

5. I still can't solve my physics problem. What should I do?

If you are still struggling to solve a physics problem, don't be afraid to ask for help. Consider reaching out to a teacher, tutor, or classmate for guidance. You can also consult online resources or textbooks for additional explanations and practice problems. Remember to take breaks and approach the problem with a fresh mind if you are feeling stuck.