1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Research Project Ideas, College Level

1. Feb 1, 2010 #1
    I am a senior level physicist at the University of Alabama: Huntsville and I am going to do my physics research starting next semester. I need some serious, interesting, and fun ideas on what to focus on.

Thus far I have had upper level mechanics, intermediate relativity, all calculus and differential courses offered. Linear Algebra courses also. When I do my research project I will be taking in concurrency: Electromagnetism, Modern Physics, Quantum Mechanics.

I would like a topic that there is a lot of supporting primary sources I can pull from. I would appreciate ideas in:

Mechanics
    Relativity
    Gravitation
    Electromagnetism
    Meteorology
    Applied Mathematics

If you could post your idea, briefly describe what it entails I would greatly appreciate it. I have a couple of ideas of my own, but none really get me excited. So I turn to the great physics community to throw your ideas at me. Help me out everyone!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted