Physics REU Program at University of Pittsburgh
- Thread starter G01
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Physics Program Reu University
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 5K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
mattmns
- 1,129
- 5
So you got in, congrats!
Cyrus
- 3,246
- 17
I told you not to worry.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,709
- 19
mattmns said:So you got in, congrats!
Thanks
cyrusabdollahi said:I told you not to worry.
yeah i should have listened!
Anyway, its a load off of my mind. I can't even describe the relief of being able to make summer plans. Up until this point, I had no idea where I was going to be living! Wow, what a relief!
misterme09
- 18
- 0
To those of you who have done REU programs in the past, what are they like? Is it like a 9-5 job or what? How much of your time should you expect to be working?
RHenderson
- 5
- 0
misterme09 said:To those of you who have done REU programs in the past, what are they like? Is it like a 9-5 job or what? How much of your time should you expect to be working?
It really seems to depend on who you are working for. My adviser was pretty lenient...I could come in and leave when I liked (during the day), and so I was free to travel around that part of the country with my fellow REU students on the weekends once or twice if we asked for a Monday or Friday off. However, I was doing theoretical work, so I didn't have to compete for time on experimental equipment -- some of my fellow REUers had to go in at all hours of the night to get those elusive time slots. When I was writing up my results during the last week, I stayed until well past midnight a few times, but for most of the program I was able to leave in time to join my friends for dinner (there were at least 4 REU programs going on, and they had us all living together, so there were always people around).
Seems to depend on your adviser for the most part though.
Congratulations everyone!
eok20
- 198
- 0
Congratulations. I'm a junior math and physics students at Pitt and I really enjoy it. All of the physics professors I've had have been excellent.
Similar threads
- Han93
- · Replies 4 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 4
- numbersloth
- · Replies 2 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 2
Schools
University of Pittsburgh Physics
- Mr.Atomizer
- · Replies 8 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 8
- dm84z28
- · Replies 9 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 9
- humo90
- · Replies 2 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 2
- shawshank
- · Replies 2 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 2