1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Physics to Engineer advanced things

  1. Jun 7, 2010 #1
    Because I like both physics and engineering, can I do a physics undergraduate and then go on to engineering master's and Ph.D degrees afterwards, or do those require engineering undergraduate?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2010 #2
    Depends what you want to do. Some topics will transfer well, others won't.
  4. Jun 8, 2010 #3
    Well for instance is it possible for me to do undergraduate physics and then go on to master's nuclear engineering?
  5. Jun 8, 2010 #4
    I can speak for the UK in saying - generally yes. Quite a few engineering subjects at post-grad level here require only a 'science' subject, so you would even qualify for some with a chemistry degree.

    If there's something specific you're wondering about it's maybe worth spending a few minutes looking at university websites to check the entry requirements.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Threads for Physics Engineer advanced Date
Engineering Physics Degree - Interested in Engineering Apr 12, 2018
Physics vs Engineering/Finance Mar 23, 2018
Physics Physics dropout software engineer looking for guidance Feb 2, 2018
Engineering I want out of Mechanical Engineering Dec 10, 2017
Physics Change of major as a junior: Physics or Aerospace Engineering? Sep 15, 2017