Physicsforums Main Page Bugging | Ad On Right

• Thread starter jostpuur
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses technical issues with the physicsforums main page, specifically an excessively wide advertisement that has been fixed. The participants also briefly mention their use of workspaces and terminals for various tasks.
jostpuur
Am I the only one who has the physicsforums main page bugging? There's some excessively wide advertisement on the right.

Physics news on Phys.org
yeah -- i switched skins to the nexus as a quick fix -- i guess this will be solved when the us wakes up...

can you attach a screenshot so I can fix?

http://users.jyu.fi/~jostpuur/Screenshot.png

jostpuur said:

how strange! I will investigate, thanks!

Now the ad is shorter.

yep -- back to normal again :smile:

jostpuur said:

How many terminals do you use?! :biggrin:

neutrino said:
How many terminals do you use?! :biggrin:

I'm not sure what you mean by "terminal". The official gnome terminology seems to be that I have 6 workspaces. But most of them indeed have gnome-terminals.

There are workspaces for web browsing, for irc, for studying related pdf:s, for my own pdf:s, for programming, for mplayer. I don't understand how some people survive alive without these.

jostpuur said:
I'm not sure what you mean by "terminal". The official gnome terminology seems to be that I have 6 workspaces. But most of them indeed have gnome-terminals.
Yes, I noticed the workspaces, too, but it's not surprising to find people with multiple workspaces. :)

Related to Physicsforums Main Page Bugging | Ad On Right

1. What is the purpose of the Physicsforums Main Page Bugging?

The Physicsforums Main Page Bugging is a feature that allows users to report any bugs or issues they encounter while using the main page of the forum. This helps the site administrators and developers to identify and fix any problems quickly, ensuring a smooth user experience.

2. How do I report a bug on the Physicsforums Main Page?

To report a bug on the Physicsforums Main Page, simply click on the "Report a Bug" button located on the right side of the page. This will open a form where you can provide details about the bug, such as the URL, description, and any relevant screenshots. Once submitted, the site administrators will review and address the issue.

3. What types of bugs can be reported on the Physicsforums Main Page?

Any bugs or issues related to the functionality or display of the main page can be reported using the Physicsforums Main Page Bugging feature. This includes broken links, error messages, incorrect information, and any other technical problems that affect the user experience on the main page.

4. Can I report multiple bugs at once using the Physicsforums Main Page Bugging?

Yes, you can report multiple bugs at once using the Physicsforums Main Page Bugging feature. Simply provide a detailed description of each bug and include any necessary information, such as screenshots, in the form. This will help the site administrators to address all reported issues efficiently.

5. Is the Ad on the Right side of the Physicsforums Main Page customizable?

No, the Ad on the Right side of the Physicsforums Main Page is not customizable. It is a necessary feature that helps to support the site and keep it running. However, if you encounter any issues with the ad, you can report it using the Physicsforums Main Page Bugging feature.