Please no Bush-bashing, America bashing

• News
  • Thread starter sid_galt
  • Start date
In summary: The US just happens to be worse at it than most. The accusation that the US is controlled by interest groups is a tired one. The US has a large number of interest groups, but they are largely representative of the American people.
Classic Insults
USA
Of course, America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up
Oscar Wilde

America is the only nation in history which has miraculously gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilisation
Georges Clemenceau

Canada
It makes little difference, Canada is useful only to provide me with furs
Madame de Pompadour

I don't even know what street Canada is on
Al Capone

Wales
There are still parts of Wales where the only concession to gaiety is a striped shroud
Gwyn Thomas

A Welshman prays on his knees on a Sunday and on his friends the rest of the week
English saying

Ireland
An Irish homosexual is one who prefers women to drink
Sean O'Faolain

Put an Irishman on a spit and you can always find another one to turn him
Bernard Shaw

France
France is a country where the money falls apart in your hands and you can't tear the toilet paper
Billy Wilder

The Italians are wise before the act, the Germans in the act, the French after the act.
Saying

England
I know why the sun never sets on the British Empire, God would never trust an Englishman in the dark
Duncan Spaeth

Paralytic sycophants, effete betrayers of humanity, carrion-eating servile imitators, arch-cowards and collaborators, gang of women-murderers, degenerate rabble, parasitic traditionalists, playboy soldiers, conceited dandies.
East German Communist Party's approved terms of abuse in 1953 for East German speakers when describing Britain

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
By ART
England
I know why the sun never sets on the British Empire, God would never trust an Englishman in the dark
Duncan Spaeth

Paralytic sycophants, effete betrayers of humanity, carrion-eating servile imitators, arch-cowards and collaborators, gang of women-murderers, degenerate rabble, parasitic traditionalists, playboy soldiers, conceited dandies.
East German Communist Party's approved terms of abuse in 1953 for East German speakers when describing Britain

That is just SO not nice, how can someone with a name like Spaeth, or the
EGCP, bad mouth anything?