1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please suggest me a book about this subject

1. Apr 19, 2010 #1
    Hello
    I have always been interested in how genius people of science think about the world and look and understand about different phenomenons around them ,in one sentence i am really interested about knowing "the way of thinking of genius people" ,so i though it is good to ask it here if there is any good book in teaching us how genius people think and teaches us their rules of life and scientific work,i just searched amazon and found tones of books about how to make yourself genius or these kinds of books which in my opinion most of them better go to garbage.
    so i just want to know if you have read any good adn honest books in this aspect and found it really helpful to suggest it to other people.
    another question:is there any honest book written by a genius human himself/herself (like von-neumann) that we can read and learn some of his/her important rules of thinking and life?
    thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2010 #2
    I don't know of any books that teach you how to think like a genius - most people in the sciences will tell you that the material makes most sense only after you have rigorously studied the subject and spent enough time.

Here are some interesting books I have read about people that might be classified as a genius:

Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman - A classic book about the second most popular physicist around. It reads like an autobiography, but it is a collection of stories and provides insight to the mind of a curious character.

The man who only loved numbers - story about the life of Paul Erdos, the second most prolific mathematician. Some might call him a savant but nonetheless, the book is interesting and describes how passionate one can be about the subject.

Also, in trying to guide my education and get advice on how to think mathematically, I've found that talking to older professors (>60 years) helped a lot, because they have been around for a while and seen everything, and usually have a good, unbiased view on the way a student is progressing. Although I don't know you're background so take that for what it's worth.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook