Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Plots for determining the range of higgs mas

1. Apr 26, 2012 #1
    I am trying to do some plots for determining the range of higgs mass. Can somebody tell me how to plot higgs mass 'm_h' versus tan β ? or 'm_h' versus spectral index 'n_s' ?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2012 #2
    Re: Higgs Mass

Your question is hopelessly vague. What are you talking about? You mention tan beta which makes me think you are talking about some minimal supersymmetry model, but other than that there is little hope for anyone to understand what you want and therefore help you.

4. Apr 29, 2012 #3

Dear kurros, thanks for taking interest. The authors of the following paper
    http://arxiv.org/abs/1108.0070
    claim that from this model, they have plotted higgs mass 'm_h' versus tan β and 'm_h' versus spectral index 'n_s' . But I am unable to find any equations/formulas through which I can reproduce them.

5. Apr 29, 2012 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

The authors explain what they are doing in their paper - see Eqn. 25.

6. May 20, 2012 #5
    thanks vanadium but the problem is that they determine the higgs mass in the following paper of theirs
    arxiv.org/abs/1108.3762
    but I am not able to understand how to plot the graphs in Fig 1 of this paper.

7. May 20, 2012 #6

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

They say they calculate it along the lines of reference 14.

The references are there for a reason - you need to follow them like a trail of breadcrumbs to get the answer.

8. May 20, 2012 #7
    absolutely right...thanks bro

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook