Would Democrats prefer a deep recession to help win the election?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Poll

Is a deeper downturn/recession worth it if it results in a Democratic President?

  • Worth It.

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Not worth it.

    Votes: 11 52.4%
  • I'm not a Democrat/American, but.....

    Votes: 6 28.6%

  • Total voters
    21
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
31 replies · 10K views
turbo-1 said:
a radical rightist that would welcome the establishment of a fascist regime in the US

Are you trying to tell me that you don't already have one? :rolleyes:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
russ_watters said:
Do you, as a Democrat, think it would be worth it to see a deep, but self-contained (ie, not extending past the end of the year) recession instead of the predicted mild recession, if it means getting a Democrat in the White House next year?

Did Republicans not play the war card in 04? Did this Republican administration not tout home sales and the American dream for all when (knowingly/unknowingly?) predatory lending was making them look good? Is McCain not already making the (insulting) surrender claim (war card)?
If things were reversed, would a Republican, think it would be worth it to see a deep, but self-contained (ie, not extending past the end of the year) recession instead of the predicted mild recession, if it means getting a Republican in the White House next year?

No, I don’t normally answer a question with many more; this one just had it coming.
I answered the poll No but I’m not sure I shouldn’t say yes.