Insights Polymer Physics and Genetic Sequencing - Comments

jim mcnamara

Mentor
That was interesting. I had read about nanopores a while back but it sounded kind of, um, "woo-woo" at that point, in terms any kind of practical use.

Oops: enzyme sits atom a biological pore
On the last page, I think you may mean atop rather than atom.

Thanks for good article.

Mark Harder

Gold Member
Nice, Alex. Molecular dynamics simulation algorithms have been making great strides lately, and I don't believe it's beyond hope that DNA+solvent inside and outside a nanopore can now be modeled. For example, membrane proteins with lipid bilayers and water have been modeled. Or, at least on very short timescales (micro-s ?) they can. Have you used this modeling technique? Has anyone?
Nice, Alex. Molecular dynamics simulation algorithms have been making great strides lately, and I don't believe it's beyond hope that DNA+solvent inside and outside a nanopore can now be modeled. For example, membrane proteins with lipid bilayers and water have been modeled. Or, at least on very short timescales (micro-s ?) they can. Have you used this modeling technique in your research? Has anyone?