Possibility to use fast-growing sea plant to cool the earth?

In summary, using a fast-growing sea plant to increase the surface area of the sea and enhance global evaporation may seem like a viable solution for cooling the Earth, but it could potentially have disastrous consequences. Algae blooms caused by the increased water vapor could lead to eutrophication and the death of all aquatic life, ultimately contributing to global warming instead of mitigating it.
philton
Can we use fast-growing sea plant to increase the surface area of the sea, enhance global evaporation, and get the Earth cooler?

Do we know some sea plants growing really fast with photosynthesis?

I was struck with this idea when I was doing a search on giant vegetables on land.

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
How would this plant increase atmospheric water vapor?

Double check your assumption: what would the effect of more atmospheric water vapor be?

Most believe the benefit of increased global photosynhesis is that CO2 is added to a carbon sink.

1) I'm not sure yet. But my conjecture is that it could be kind of similar to the effect of the sweat hairs on a human body.

2) I guess more evaporation leads to more cloud which reflect more sun light back to the outer space, though I have no proof on this assumption.

I know there are some researches on the relation between the phytoplankton and the cloud above the sea. http://www.futurity.org/plankton-oceans-clouds-962922/ However the assumption posted here is a slightly different approach for mind storming.

Dr. Courtney said:
How would this plant increase atmospheric water vapor?

Double check your assumption: what would the effect of more atmospheric water vapor be?

Most believe the benefit of increased global photosynhesis is that CO2 is added to a carbon sink.

Unfortunately, it's a bad idea.

Algae blooms can cause devastation to aquatic ecosystems when decomposition of dead algae uses up all of the oxygen in the water, it's a process called eutrophication. This process can end up killing off every single thing in a body of water besides anaerobic bacteria and animals that can tolerate extremely low quantities of oxygen, so the end result would be that the sea plant itself would die off eventually, along with all of the other carbon dioxide absorbing plants that were there before it. The worst case scenario would be that methane released by the decomposition would end up contributing even more to global warming.

1. How does using a fast-growing sea plant cool the Earth?

Fast-growing sea plants, such as kelp, absorb large amounts of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere through photosynthesis. This process helps to reduce the concentration of greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming and ultimately helps to cool the Earth.

2. Can fast-growing sea plants be used on a large scale to cool the Earth?

Yes, fast-growing sea plants have the potential to be used on a large scale to cool the Earth. Studies have shown that cultivating and harvesting kelp on a large scale can significantly reduce carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere. However, more research and investment is needed to make this a feasible solution.

3. What are the potential benefits of using fast-growing sea plants to cool the Earth?

In addition to reducing carbon dioxide levels, using fast-growing sea plants to cool the Earth can also improve ocean health by providing habitats for marine life, and can potentially provide a sustainable source of food, fuel, and other products.

4. Are there any potential drawbacks or limitations to using fast-growing sea plants for cooling the Earth?

One potential drawback is the cost and resources needed to cultivate and maintain large quantities of fast-growing sea plants. Additionally, the effectiveness of this method may also be affected by factors such as ocean currents and water temperature.

5. What is the current research and development status of using fast-growing sea plants for cooling the Earth?

Research and development in this area is ongoing, with various studies and experiments being conducted to determine the feasibility and effectiveness of using fast-growing sea plants for cooling the Earth. Some companies and organizations are also working towards implementing this solution on a larger scale.