Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Possible for a particle to diffract around a barrier

1. Nov 29, 2016 #1
    According to quantum theory it is possible for a particle to diffract around a barrier. Does this explain why I often seem to completely miss a tennis ball? Explain why or why not?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2016 #2

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

No. You and your tennis racket and the tennis ball are way too large for quantum diffraction to be significant.

4. Nov 29, 2016 #3

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

By the way, you labeled this thread as "A", advanced. That indicates a graduate level understanding of the subject matter, which does not seem to reflect your actual understanding. I have re-labeled the thread level to "B".

5. Nov 29, 2016 #4
    As already stated this has nothing to do with QM :smile:. Tennis is pretty difficult, but fun. I think you have to train more. And observe the ball more accurately (sorry, I could not resist).

6. Nov 30, 2016 #5
    Its not a diffraction phenomena because there is no quantum tennis field.

it's about the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. I have lots of experimental tennis data to prove it.

The establishment won't publish it tho.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted