Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Possible formula for expressing entropic quantum gravity cosmologically?

1. Mar 3, 2012 #1
    Sorry, I keep having naive little ideas lately! Humour me anyone if you so wish..

If you took the estimated mass of luminous/energetic bodies estimated in the observable universe (galaxies & black holes etc), disregard dark matter/energy, and make that each galaxy/observed mass can for convenience act as single mutually repulsive particles in a system;

What sort of value would you get for Lambda as an exponential if you took (E=mc^2 / the averaged point masses) / (distance to the edge of OU in LY / by planck's constant)?

Does that make a lick of sense? I'm still thinking about it, dont be too cruel! :P

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2012 #2
    Ok, you can include dark matter, as long as you call it "perfectly explainable matter" - PEM.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?