1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Possible to Double Major in Aerspace Eng. and Astrophysics?

1. Dec 4, 2011 #1
    I'm a 2nd year college student currently studying Aerospace Engineering. I love Engineering but I'm slightly more passionate about Astrophysics and Astronomy related stuff. Is it possible to double major in Aerospace Engineering and Astrophysics? I assume both majors share a lot of the same courses.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 4, 2011 #2
    why don't you look up the degree plans for your school and see if you can fit all classes?

4. Dec 4, 2011 #3
    I'll be doing that tomorrow. Just wanted to see if anyone here could give me some advice.

5. Dec 4, 2011 #4
    You most likely won't be able to unless you want to be an undergrad for 6-7 years. Just because you like two subjects doesn't mean you have to major in both. You could always be an engineering major and study astronomy as a hobby. At my school the two majors share few courses, maybe just 3-4 math classes.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook