Possible to Double Major in Aerspace Eng. and Astrophysics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
CSpence
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I'm a 2nd year college student currently studying Aerospace Engineering. I love Engineering but I'm slightly more passionate about Astrophysics and Astronomy related stuff. Is it possible to double major in Aerospace Engineering and Astrophysics? I assume both majors share a lot of the same courses.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
why don't you look up the degree plans for your school and see if you can fit all classes?
 
I'll be doing that tomorrow. Just wanted to see if anyone here could give me some advice.
 
You most likely won't be able to unless you want to be an undergrad for 6-7 years. Just because you like two subjects doesn't mean you have to major in both. You could always be an engineering major and study astronomy as a hobby. At my school the two majors share few courses, maybe just 3-4 math classes.