Post doctoral opportunity in Complex Systems

• Courses
  • Thread starter UFSJ
  • Start date
I'm looking for research projects in the study of complex system, meanly applied in social and biology problems. I would be so grateful with the indication of researchers in the theme.

Thanks!

Answers and Replies

CrysPhys
Education Advisor
Just trying to clarify what you are asking for. If you've already identified the special field in which you want to do a postdoc, I would assume you've already read a large number of research papers in that special field; and, from the authors on those papers, would have identified potential advisors.

StatGuy2000
Education Advisor
To the OP:

I looked at your profile and from what I can tell, you have completed your PhD at a university in Brazil in the area of physics (or materials science) related to phase transitions.

Are you currently

(a) employed as a postdoc and seeking projects to work in complex systems,
or

(b) seeking postdoctoral positions outside of Brazil in complex systems?

If (b), then some places I can think of for opportunities include the following:

1. Santa Fe Institute (www.santafe.edu) - research institute devoted to complex systems. Try and see if there are any postdoc opportunities available there.

2. Center for the Study of Complex Systems, University of Michigan (lsa.umich.edu/cscs). According to the website, they are seeking tenure track position there.

3. Complex Systems Society (https://cssociety.org/job-openings) has a number of postings in EU countries for postdoc positions. Two of those positions are based in Spain -- I'm curious as a Brazilian citizen what your fluency would be in Spanish (I've been told that Portuguese speakers have little trouble picking up Spanish).