Post doctoral opportunity in Complex Systems

In summary, the individual is seeking research projects in the study of complex systems, specifically in social and biology problems. They are looking for recommendations for researchers in this area. They have a PhD in physics or materials science related to phase transitions from a university in Brazil. They are either currently employed as a postdoc and seeking projects in complex systems, or seeking postdoctoral positions outside of Brazil. Some potential opportunities for postdocs in complex systems include the Santa Fe Institute, the Center for the Study of Complex Systems at the University of Michigan, and the Complex Systems Society, which has postings in EU countries. The individual may have an advantage in Spanish-speaking countries due to their fluency in Portuguese.
UFSJ
I'm looking for research projects in the study of complex system, meanly applied in social and biology problems. I would be so grateful with the indication of researchers in the theme.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Just trying to clarify what you are asking for. If you've already identified the special field in which you want to do a postdoc, I would assume you've already read a large number of research papers in that special field; and, from the authors on those papers, would have identified potential advisors.

To the OP:

I looked at your profile and from what I can tell, you have completed your PhD at a university in Brazil in the area of physics (or materials science) related to phase transitions.

Are you currently

(a) employed as a postdoc and seeking projects to work in complex systems,
or

(b) seeking postdoctoral positions outside of Brazil in complex systems?

If (b), then some places I can think of for opportunities include the following:

1. Santa Fe Institute (www.santafe.edu) - research institute devoted to complex systems. Try and see if there are any postdoc opportunities available there.

2. Center for the Study of Complex Systems, University of Michigan (lsa.umich.edu/cscs). According to the website, they are seeking tenure track position there.

3. Complex Systems Society (https://cssociety.org/job-openings) has a number of postings in EU countries for postdoc positions. Two of those positions are based in Spain -- I'm curious as a Brazilian citizen what your fluency would be in Spanish (I've been told that Portuguese speakers have little trouble picking up Spanish).

Likes UFSJ

1. What is a post doctoral opportunity in Complex Systems?

A post doctoral opportunity in Complex Systems is a research position that allows individuals who have already completed their PhD to continue their research in a specific field of study, in this case, Complex Systems. This position typically involves working under the supervision of a senior researcher and collaborating with other scientists to conduct research, publish papers, and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the field of Complex Systems.

2. What qualifications are required for a post doctoral opportunity in Complex Systems?

To be eligible for a post doctoral opportunity in Complex Systems, you must have completed a PhD in a related field such as physics, mathematics, computer science, or engineering. You should also have a strong background in complex systems theory and modeling, as well as experience in conducting research and publishing papers.

3. What are the benefits of pursuing a post doctoral opportunity in Complex Systems?

There are several benefits to pursuing a post doctoral opportunity in Complex Systems. Firstly, it allows you to continue your research and gain further expertise in a specific area of Complex Systems. It also provides opportunities for collaboration with other researchers and access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources. Additionally, this position can enhance your career prospects by increasing your publications and networking opportunities.

4. How long does a post doctoral opportunity in Complex Systems typically last?

The duration of a post doctoral opportunity in Complex Systems can vary depending on the specific position and institution. Generally, it can last anywhere from 1-3 years. However, some positions may be extended or converted into a permanent research position based on performance and funding availability.

5. What career opportunities are available after completing a post doctoral opportunity in Complex Systems?

After completing a post doctoral opportunity in Complex Systems, individuals can pursue a career in academia as a research scientist or professor. They can also explore opportunities in industry, such as working for research and development companies or consulting firms. Other options include government agencies, non-profit organizations, and science policy positions.