Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Post editor double-pastes LaTeX

1. Jan 30, 2015 #1

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

This is not a major gripe, but when quotes are automatically pasted into the post editor, anything that was LaTeX in the post being quoted gets pasted twice, once as either an image or roughly equivalent special characters, and once as the LaTeX source from the original post. Is there a way to eliminate the image/special characters and just have the LaTeX source pasted? It's annoying to have to go through and delete the other stuff every time.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2015 #2

mfb

2016 Award

This just happens if you quote it by marking the text I think. Using "reply" or "+Quote" should not have this issue.
    Getting the LaTeX source code with marking the text would be perfect.

Edit: Here are some parts to test:
    ##a^2+b^2=5##
    Regular text again.
    [tex]\LaTeX[/tex]
    More regular text.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  4. Jan 30, 2015 #3

PeterDonis

2016 Award

It does for me.

5. Jan 30, 2015 #4

mfb

2016 Award

I mean those buttons at the lower right side of each post. I just saw the text-mark-things have the same labels but work differently. With them, I get the exact source code of the quoted post (minus quotes in it).

6. Jan 30, 2015 #5

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Yes, but then I have to cut and paste the entire post to take out the parts I don't want to quote, and to separate the quotes into multiple blocks if I'm responding to different statements. That's more of a pain than just deleting the extra copy of the LaTeX stuff.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook