Potassium chloride vs. Sodium chloride for osmosis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leid_X09
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Osmosis Sodium
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 8K views
Leid_X09
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Okay, I'm stumped. I've been searching endlessly to find two pieces of information for an Honors Chemistry research paper. My mentor wants to me explain why we used sodium chloride rather than potassium chloride in our potato tuber osmosis experiment. I've searched six hours straight without finding anything relevant.

His second question is what the naturally occurring sodium chloride concentration in potato cells are. I can't find any source that will tell me.

Where can I find this information? This paper is due on Friday and I don't see how i'll be able to get this in at due to my current situation.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
None of us know about your pototo tuber experiment so we can't help you.