1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Potsdam university physics and engineering

1. Aug 4, 2006 #1
    Hi, first post yay!

I would like to know especially from undergraduates what they think about Potsdam university physics and engineering double degree.

http://www.potsdam.edu/content.php?contentID=D5F4E216767003A3CC24E613A43FAA8B

I graduated high school without taking physics or calculus so i went to community college and was taught somewhat of an intro to those courses. i graduated with a 3.6 GPA. my question is, is this program at potsdam decent enough for me so when i complete it i may attend a good Canadian graduate school such as McMasters or U of Alberta? BTW im canadian.

I know little about both physics and calculus, i know i love them, but can anyone at all suggest any good intro physics and calculus with a few undergrade books?

Thanks much,
    Matt

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2006 #2
    im a high school student so im not familiar with that many books, but i recommend Principle of Physics 6th edition by Bueche and Jerde. Its an oldy, but i used it to prepare for the AP physics B test through self study and still ended up with a 5. plus, itll probably be fairly cheap considering its age (i got mine for just 5bucks!).

If you want a calculus based one, u may wanna check out university physics 11th edition (by young?); its been getting pretty high reviews on amazon.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?