Power reflection coefficient of EM radiation on a good conductor

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Plutoniummatt
Messages
45
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/Plutoniummatt/Untitled-1-2.jpg
Untitled-1-2.jpg


Homework Equations



Pwr Ref Coeff:

(Z'-Z)/(Z'+Z) all squared

I maybe made a mistake but i can't spot it. And its bugging me
I did square the whole thing afterward for the power...but i just have a sign error

The Attempt at a Solution



http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/Plutoniummatt/PhysicsBSupervision7.jpg

Please note that in negating one of my terms I underlined the wrong things, I did not negate u0/e0. but everything else in the demoninator because they are much smaller
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know how to do the problem, but I do know that you made a mistake when you multiplied the numerator by the complex conjugate of the denominator. The i's don't go away for the numerator.
 
JaWiB said:
I don't know how to do the problem, but I do know that you made a mistake when you multiplied the numerator by the complex conjugate of the denominator. The i's don't go away for the numerator.



Yep I realized that shortly after posting...It still doesn't give the right answer