1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pre-Calculus or Math Analysis

1. Apr 13, 2006 #1
    High school freshman soon to be completed Algebra and Trig (B+), what's the next best choice? Math Analysis or pre-cal?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2006 #2
    What exactly is math analysis? Can you provide us with a course description?

4. Apr 14, 2006 #3
    Yeah, what is Math Analysis. Give us a course description. What country do you live in?

5. Apr 14, 2006 #4
  6. Apr 14, 2006 #5

tmc

they both cover prerequisites to calculus, seems hard to tell which to take.

7. Apr 14, 2006 #6
    math analysis

math analysis prepares student for IB/AP calculus, while pre-calculus is prereq. for standard high school calculus. Therefore, it's an accelerated calculus class - that is my understanding.

8. Apr 14, 2006 #7

0rthodontist

Science Advisor

Yes, it looks from that PDF like "math analysis" is the better course. It has a slightly higher prerequisite than pre-cal and is itself the prerequisite to the superior calculus BC course.

9. Apr 15, 2006 #8
    I think as long as you are willing to work slightly harder (which I bet you are), then you should take the "math analysis" course.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?