Predicting the top contenders for the upcoming Euro tournament

  • Thread starter Thread starter mgiddy911
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Upcoming
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
137 replies · 15K views


I saw Turkey and they were great, you know they had a lot of their important players out due to injuries and suspensions. I think if they had a full squad, they could have won.

Congratulations Germany.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


If they're a full back or wing back then speed is more important, but centre backs tend to be a lot bigger.
 


TR345 said:
You just got to be fast and agile, soccer is the one game where size doesn't matter much cause you got to be fast and agile or you get burnt.

I suppose for left back. I just can't imagine a man his size winning balls against adebayor, toni or ibrahimovic.
 


Size matters for centre backs and strikers. But it doesn't for wingers and side backs and midfielders
 


Portugal had problems against Germany because they were smaller, got overpowered. It is hard to get a header over a tall defender. Never the less you see many of the worlds best players are small. I think intelligence is a real big part of the picture, you got to be a genus to make such great passes with a split second to react.
 


Germany are a huge side, but Turkey still managed to be superior in the air for most of the game. Its mainly all about timing and a good football brain.
 


I almost thought the match would go into extra time until Lahm squeezed in the winning goal! :biggrin:
 


So, the final between Germany and Spain is about to start. Both sides look quite strong, but I think Germany will bag this one. It'll be close though and, hopefully, a good game!
 


So is this game why there was no chat today? What is this? It's as if watching the Euro2008 final was more important than helping us blab about this, that, and the other thing!
 


D H said:
So is this game why there was no chat today? What is this? It's as if watching the Euro2008 final was more important than helping us blab about this, that, and the other thing!

I was out camping
 


D H said:
So is this game why there was no chat today? What is this? It's as if watching the Euro2008 final was more important than helping us blab about this, that, and the other thing!

When I saw Greg posted, I was going to rib him about the same thing. :smile: