Preliminary stress and vibration analysis of turbine blade

In summary, stress analysis and modal analysis are complex topics that require a lot of research. However, with the help of an advisor, you can develop a method for analyzing turbine blades in a simplified way.
everybody
helo guys,i'm new here hope to gain knowledge from this forum.i currently doing a project about design of turbofan engine.now i have to do preliminary stress and vibration analysis for the turbine blade.i'm not very good at stress and vibration and have search the internet about it but couldn't find any good reference about this.do anyone can recommend any text or reference book that describe clearly about this?your help is really appreciated.

Regards,
everybody

Engineering news on Phys.org
Oy. If you're not very good at structural analysis and modl analysis, you sure picked a doozie of a project.

Cut to the chase, there is no cookie cutter method for doing what you want to do. The process for analyzing turbine blades is complex due to their operating environment and very peculiar geometries. You can further complicate this because cyclic fatigue is the primary concern with turbines. It takes a lot of hours developing models and then extensive numerical analysis to get meaningful results. However, no matter how difficult, the basics in both areas still remain. For example, if you want to make a very long list (I do mean a LONG list) of assumptions, you can say that a turbine blade is, essentially, a cantillevered beam. Start with something you should have seen before. Then add complexety to your analysis in small steps.

Stress analysis and modal analysis are pretty broad topics. I would suggest you do some searching for industry literature in your school's library and try to formulate your own approach with the help of your advisor. Once you get there you will be able to ask

Thanks for the reply.Actually, i with my other two friends were given 4 months to finish this project.this project really give me headache.I want to do the simplified calculation only due to limited time and i know it will be lot of assumption .anyway thanks for ur advice.. :)

1. What is preliminary stress and vibration analysis of turbine blade?

Preliminary stress and vibration analysis of turbine blade is a process of evaluating the potential stress and vibration levels that a turbine blade may experience during operation. This analysis helps determine the structural integrity of the blade and ensure its safe and efficient performance.

2. Why is preliminary stress and vibration analysis important for turbine blades?

Preliminary stress and vibration analysis is important for turbine blades because it helps identify potential areas of weakness or failure. By detecting these issues early on, necessary design changes can be made to prevent any catastrophic failures that may occur during operation.

3. What factors are considered in preliminary stress and vibration analysis of turbine blades?

Several factors are considered in preliminary stress and vibration analysis of turbine blades, including material properties, operating conditions, and design features. Other variables such as temperature, pressure, and centrifugal forces may also be taken into account.

4. How is preliminary stress and vibration analysis performed?

Preliminary stress and vibration analysis is typically performed using computer-aided design (CAD) software and finite element analysis (FEA) tools. These tools allow for the creation of virtual models that simulate the behavior of the turbine blades under different loading conditions.

5. What are the potential outcomes of preliminary stress and vibration analysis?

The potential outcomes of preliminary stress and vibration analysis include identifying potential failure points, determining the optimal design for the turbine blade, and ensuring the overall safety and reliability of the turbine. This analysis can also help optimize the performance of the turbine by minimizing stress and vibration levels.