Preparing an American Thanksgiving Meal in England

  • Thread starter Thread starter cristo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 7K views
okay cristo. I'm wondering how it went. Can you gives us the outcome?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanksgiving went very well, thanks for asking. I cheated in a few places: firstly, since I went shopping thanksgiving morning, I realized all the turkeys were frozen, and obviously had no time to thaw out, ooops! So, I got a little turkey joint and a joint of ham (which I have to say was delicious!) We had two types of potatoes; mashed and roasted (since I love roasted potatoes), corn, stuffing, gravy, hot bread rolls; then for dessert had a chocolate pie (which my girlfriend chose in the absence of ingredients for pumpkin pie). There were 5 of us in total, and we all had a great time: so my first thanksgiving was a success!
 
cristo said:
Thanksgiving went very well, thanks for asking. I cheated in a few places: firstly, since I went shopping thanksgiving morning, I realized all the turkeys were frozen, and obviously had no time to thaw out, ooops! So, I got a little turkey joint and a joint of ham (which I have to say was delicious!) We had two types of potatoes; mashed and roasted (since I love roasted potatoes), corn, stuffing, gravy, hot bread rolls; then for dessert had a chocolate pie (which my girlfriend chose in the absence of ingredients for pumpkin pie). There were 5 of us in total, and we all had a great time: so my first thanksgiving was a success!
Mmmmmm, sounds yummy! I'm sure your girlfriend appreciated how thoughtful you are. :smile:
 
Well, can't go wrong with chocolate as a substitute for anything. :biggrin: Sounds good! I hope your girlfriend showed her thanks appropriately. :wink: :biggrin: