• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Other Previous Research experience and contribution essay

I'm trying to write an 1800 character (including spaces) essay that describes my previous research experience and contribution. I'm using a GRF previous research experience document as a guide line but I think it's impossible to include all of that into 1800 characters. I have provided a link for the document below. Is there anything in this document that I can exlcude? The question for the application was Explain your research experience and personal contribution to research projects.

GRF previous research experience document
http://grfpessayinsights.missouri.edu/describe-previous-research.pdf

Dr. Courtney

Education Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2018 Award
I'd write your answer first, trying to be as complete as possible without regard for the length limit. Then I'd edit it down to the length limit selectively editing out the less important details until you reach the limit. I've mentored lots of students on lots of applications, and this approach always produces a better result than trying to only include the most important details in the first draft.

How long should my my answer be for this question?

"Describe you long term educational goals"
I have one sentence
I basically stated that I see myself earning my Ph.D. in physics while developing skills (I listed three I thought were important)
"Describe your long term career goals"
I have one sentence.
I basically stated that I see myself working in a national laboratory, academic institution or in the industry upon graduation.