Probability (no idea of the kind, and how to do it)

  • Thread starter Thread starter elmarsur
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Idea Probability
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
elmarsur
Messages
33
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Peter and Paul bet one dollar each on each game. Each is willing
to allow the other unlimited credit. Use a calculator to make a
table showing, to four decimal places, for each of p = 1/10, 1/3,
.49, .499, .501, .51, 2/3, 9/10 the probabilities that Peter is ever
ahead by $10, by $100, and by $1000.



Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I don't know what to apply here. Thank you very much for any help!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What random variable would it be appropriate to define?
 
Thank you for reply, rochfor.
I don't know what p is referring to. If p is the probability of winning a game, I don't know whose player the p is.
 
I imagine p is the probability of winning a game. I imagine wherever you got the problem from is a bit more explicit about which player's probability it is.