Probability of AᴧBᴧBᴧC equal zero why 1

In summary, the probability of AᴧBᴧBᴧC being equal to zero can be understood by looking at the given expression (B v AE)ᴧ( Ev C) and the provided picture. When all symbols are multiplied together, the yellow terms will be subsumed and result in an intersection of four symbols. This is because the AND operation is defined as more binding than OR. Therefore, the expression X v (X & Y) is equivalent to just X, and X & (X v Y) reduces to X.
Sadeq
probability of AᴧBᴧBᴧC equal zero why!1

(B v AE)ᴧ( Ev C)
So after multiplication you should have
AᴧBᴧBᴧC
But he didnt mention this, so it should by zero ,but why!11

Mathematics news on Phys.org

Hey Sadeq.

What does the E refer to?

All the symbol are probability of events

Sadeq, several things need more explanation.
You have written AE with no symbol in between. What does this mean?
If A and B are probabilities, what does A v B mean? Surely they events, not the probabilities of the events?
On my device, the other symbol you use shows up as a square. Is this an AND symbol?
I don't understand the steps in your multiplication. What happened to E?

Im so sorry ,i was in hurry when i wrote this, so sorry
I upload the a picture for the problem ,when you look at the picture u will see, two yellow terms,which eventually will have to multiply them togethor,so all symbols will be in Intersection(4 symbols),
So my question why the answer is zero, since nothing come on the result from those terms

Attachments

• ssss.PNG
    ssss.PNG
    15.7 KB · Views: 539

OK, I've read the attachment and it all makes sense, so long as the AND operation is defined as more binding than OR. So what is it you don't understand? What is it that appears to be zero?

AᴧEᴧC= disappear from answer
Why

Becausd it is subsumed by A & C. In general, X v (X & Y) = X.

could u please explain a little bit more please
im sorry i took a lot from your time

In the expression X v (X & Y):
Suppose X is true. Then the whole expression is true.
Suppose X is false. Then both sides of the OR are false, so the expression is false.
Therefore the expression is equivalent to just X.
Likewise, X & (X v Y) reduces to X.

More than thank you
U are the best
Thank you again

1. What is the meaning of "Probability of AᴧBᴧBᴧC equal zero why 1"?

The phrase "Probability of AᴧBᴧBᴧC equal zero why 1" is a mathematical statement that refers to the likelihood of three events, A, B, and C, occurring simultaneously. The statement is saying that the probability of all three events happening at the same time is equal to zero, so the probability of at least one of the events happening must be equal to 1.

2. How is the probability of AᴧBᴧBᴧC equal zero why 1 calculated?

The calculation of the probability of AᴧBᴧBᴧC equal zero why 1 is based on the basic principles of probability. It involves multiplying the individual probabilities of each event occurring, and then subtracting that value from 1. This is because the probability of an event not occurring is equal to 1 minus the probability of the event occurring.

3. What does a probability of zero mean?

In the context of probability, a value of zero means that the event has no chance of occurring. This can be interpreted as the event being impossible or having a probability of 0%. In the case of AᴧBᴧBᴧC equal zero why 1, it means that the three events A, B, and C cannot occur simultaneously.

4. Why is the probability of AᴧBᴧBᴧC equal zero why 1 important?

The probability of AᴧBᴧBᴧC equal zero why 1 is important in understanding the relationship between multiple events and the overall probability of those events occurring. It also highlights the concept of mutually exclusive events, where the occurrence of one event makes the other events impossible. This concept is crucial in many real-life scenarios, such as in risk assessment and decision-making.

5. Can the probability of AᴧBᴧBᴧC equal zero why 1 ever be greater than 1?

No, the probability of AᴧBᴧBᴧC equal zero why 1 cannot be greater than 1. This is because the probability of an event occurring can never be more than 100% or a value of 1. In the case of mutually exclusive events, the probability of one event occurring makes the other events impossible, so the total probability cannot exceed 1.