Proving a Convex Quadrilateral is a Square with Internal Point O as its Center

  • Thread starter Thread starter lolerlol
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Convex Proof
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
lolerlol
Messages
4
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Let O be an internal point of a convex quaddrilateral PQRS whose area is A.

Prove that, if 2A = OP^2 + OQ^2 + OR^2 + OS^2, then PQRS is a square with O as its centre

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I have no idea where to start, except that I know that I need to use 1/2 ab sin C
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Forget the 1/2 ab sin C for now. Draw a picture and think Pythagorean Theorum.
 
how does PQ, QR, RS and SP relate? Are they the same or different? If you bisect the segment PQ and square the result, how does that relate to the square of the segment OP? How about to the area of the square?