1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question related to nine point centre

1. May 15, 2016 #1
    1. Prove that nine point centre is the mid point of orthocentre and circumcentre.

2. Relevant equations

3. I know about euler line and its proof that centeroid,circumcentre and orthocentre are collinear and centeroid divides orthocentre and circumcentre in the ratio 2:1

2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2016 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

4. May 15, 2016 #3
  5. May 15, 2016 #4

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

I know the requirement is awkward for proofs, but on these homework forums you are supposed to show some attempt. Do you have any thoughts at all on the matter?
    You could also try following some of the referenced links from the Wikipedia article.

6. May 15, 2016 #5
    I dont have any attempts , I don't know how to start but I know euler line and I have tried to link them but I didn't get the answer. Do you have hints.

7. May 15, 2016 #6

Mark44

I didn't post the article because I thought it had a proof. I posted it because I thought it might help you do your proof. Part of that article gives the coordinates of the nine-point center. If you can get the coordinates of the other points you're concerned with, you're pretty much done.

Please show us what you have tried.

8. May 16, 2016 #7
    If you know the proof then tell me directly or give me a good hint. How they got those trilenear coordinates. I am not getting it

9. May 16, 2016 #8

Mark44

That's not how it works here. From the rules (https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/):
    You have been given some hints -- it's up to you to show some effort. So far, I haven't seen any effort on your part.

10. May 16, 2016 #9
    This is a prove related question , how can I made a attempt. I have tried to relate it with orthocenter and circumcentre but I didn't get the answer. I have used the fact that centeroid divides orthocentre and circumcentre in the ratio 2:1

11. May 16, 2016 #10

Mark44

Since you still haven't shown any work after repeated requests to do so, I am closing this thread.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook