Q: Integration of e^(-t/2)cos(n2t)dt

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Peter_L
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Integration
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 7K views
Peter_L
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone,

I haven't done calculus in a long time now and I've been reviewing some old calc books but couldnt' find anything that helps. Was wondering how to integrate this function:

e^(-t/2)cos(n2t)dt

I was thinking of using the u substitution technique but can't find a substitute for u. Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
well from what i can see here, i haven't tried it myself though, so i might be wrong, but it is worth a try. integration by parts i think would work here. let u=e^-(t/2), and v=integ of cos(n2t)dt, and applying integration by parts twice i think you might get something.
sorry for not having time to do it myself first.